0:00
/

🛡️ ISRAEL DIGEST: SULTAN YACOUB, GAZA TUNNELS AND IDF WARTIME REVIEWS

🕑 Published: August 20, 2026 · 12:56 AM Israel time

🇮🇱 SULTAN YACOUB ACCOUNT CLOSED AFTER 44 YEARS: IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir spoke with the family of Yehuda Yekutiel Katz following his return to Israel, saying the recovery means all those missing from the Battle of Sultan Yacoub have now been returned. Zamir described the effort as part of the military’s “moral commitment to bring all of our missing home.” Katz’s family thanked those involved and said his funeral would be conducted in a manner reflecting his character and would serve as a moment of national unity.

🕳️ IDF SEALS TWO ADDITIONAL HAMAS TUNNEL ROUTES: Combat engineers filled two Hamas underground routes in central and southern Gaza, east of the Yellow Line, with concrete. The tunnels had a combined length of more than two kilometers and were part of ongoing efforts to clear terrorist infrastructure from the Israeli-held portion of Gaza. The concrete method can reduce cost and risk compared with explosive demolition, although it takes longer to complete.

⚖️ MILITARY PROSECUTION ISSUES DECISIONS IN FIVE FFAM CASES: The IDF says its General Staff Fact-Finding and Assessment Mechanism has reviewed approximately 150 exceptional wartime incidents and transferred its findings to the Military Prosecution. Decisions were released in five cases involving humanitarian organizations, medical personnel and civilians.

No criminal investigation was ordered into the April 2024 World Central Kitchen strike, which killed seven WCK employees. The review found serious operational failures but concluded that forces had mistakenly assessed that Hamas operatives had taken control of the convoy after armed individuals were identified without prior coordination. Several officers had already been removed or reprimanded.

Criminal investigations were ordered into the January 2024 Hind Rajab/Hamada family incident, which resulted in nine deaths and included allegations concerning coordination of a Palestine Red Crescent ambulance, and the March 2025 Tel al-Sultan incident, where 15 Palestinians, including medical personnel and paramedics, were killed during three encounters involving rescue and UN vehicles. The FFAM identified six of those killed at Tel al-Sultan as Hamas members, while prosecutors found reasonable suspicion of criminal misconduct concerning the firing.

No criminal investigation was ordered into a February 2024 strike on an MSF building in Khan Yunis that killed two women and wounded seven people. The review found that troops fired for a military purpose at a site they assessed as threatening and did not possess updated information identifying it as an MSF location, although commanders were instructed to consider command measures over faults in the attack process. Prosecutors also declined to investigate the November 2023 MSF convoy incident in Gaza City, finding no evidence that direct fire was intentionally aimed at the convoy and assessing that two deaths may have resulted from ricochet or bullet splash from warning fire after the convoy returned north without the required coordination.

🔁 Know someone who should see this? Forward it.

🗨️ Join the discussion, read on web & subscribe by email: https://www.israelrealtime.com/p/subscribe

Discussion about this video

User's avatar

Ready for more?