🛡️ GAZA: ISRAEL WARNS HAMAS OVER KITES, BALLOONS AND DRONES: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Israel Katz held a security assessment with IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir, the National Security Council chief and senior IDF officials following renewed launches from Gaza. They warned that if the launches do not stop immediately, Israel will intensify strikes against those responsible and evacuate populations from launch areas. Netanyahu said Israel will not return to the pre-October 7 security reality or allow Hamas or other actors in Gaza to threaten Israeli communities.
At least four kites from Gaza landed in Kibbutz Nahal Oz over the weekend. The IDF found nothing suspicious and said they posed no danger, though the incidents drew attention because incendiary kites and balloons were previously used against southern Israel. Separately, an alert over a suspicious aerial target in the southern Gaza Envelope was determined to be a false identification, with no security incident.
🇮🇱 MINISTERS OPPOSE PROPOSED MULTINATIONAL FORCE IN GAZA: Bezalel Smotrich and Orit Struck called on Netanyahu to prevent the force from entering Gaza, saying preparations are already underway and arguing that its expected size and mission differ substantially from what was presented to the cabinet. They urged the cabinet to block any such deployment before Hamas is fully disarmed.
🔸 LEBANON TALKS REMAIN STALLED OVER VERIFICATION AND SECURITY ARRANGEMENTS: Political sources say Israeli delays and a broader diplomatic deadlock are likely to prevent a breakthrough for several weeks. According to Al-Jadeed, a proposal concerning “Ali al-Taher” remains under discussion between the United States, Israel, Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri and the Lebanese government, while Hezbollah has not endorsed it since its introduction about a month ago.
No dates have been set for additional negotiations in Rome. Italy is currently the only agreed participant in a proposed verification mechanism, while the roles, responsibilities and UN mandates of other potential participants remain unresolved. Sources describe the failure to finalize the committee as a “stalemate” preventing additional pilot security zones.
The Lebanese Army Commander is expected to attend the Rome summit, demand an end to Israeli operations that Lebanon says obstruct military duties, and insist that any verification mechanism operate with “full and mutual coordination” with the Lebanese military. Expanded army deployment is estimated to require billions of dollars, with funding dependent on international-Arab backing and progress on the disarmament file from southern Lebanon to the Litani River and the Beqaa. A separate Jordanian-French initiative is preparing a high-level September meeting to determine representation and issue invitations.
🌍 SYRIAN FOREIGN MINISTER MEETS MOSSAD CHIEF IN JORDAN: Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad al-Shaibani met Mossad Chief Roman Gofman in Jordan in an effort to ease tensions following Israel’s recent strike on Syria’s Abu al-Duhur Air Base, according to Axios.
🔁 Know someone who should see this? Forward it.
🗨️ Join the discussion, read on web & subscribe by email: https://www.israelrealtime.com/p/subscribe




