⚠️ GAZA STRIKES, SYRIA AIRFIELD HIT; NEW FINDINGS LINKED TO MISSING IDF SOLDIER
🕑 Published: August 18, 2026 · 12:27 PM Israel time
🎯 OCTOBER 7 ABDUCTOR ELIMINATED IN GAZA: The IDF says it eliminated Tareq Anwar Khamis Ra'i, a company commander in Palestinian Islamic Jihad's supply unit, in a strike Sunday in the Khan Yunis area. Ra'i infiltrated Kibbutz Be'eri during the October 7 massacre and participated in the abduction of an Israeli civilian. The IDF said he had recently advanced terror attacks against Israeli civilians and IDF troops and was eliminated to remove the threat.
💥 HAMAS BOMB EXPLODES ON ISRAELI SIDE OF YELLOW LINE: The IDF says a Hamas bomb exploded overnight on the Israeli side of the "Yellow Line" in northern Gaza, while terrorists also opened fire in the area. The incident reportedly occurred near a base used by an anti-Hamas militia. No Israeli troops were injured, and the IDF immediately carried out strikes in the area. "This is a violation (of the ceasefire) by the Hamas terorr group," the IDF says.
✈️ UNIDENTIFIED JETS STRIKE SYRIAN MILITARY AIRPORT: Arab media reported four overnight strikes on the runway of Abu al-Zuhour Military Airport near Idlib, not far from the Turkish border. Al Hadath described the strikes as "likely Israeli," while Israel has not commented.
Israel has sought to prevent Turkish entrenchment and influence in Syria and previously carried out strikes purportedly aimed at preventing Turkey from helping build up the new Syrian government's air force. If confirmed as Israeli, this would mark the first such Israeli Air Force strike since March 2026, when the IDF said it struck Syrian military camps in the country's south following an alleged attack on Druze civilians near Sweida. Before that, in July 2025, the IDF bombed the Syrian general staff command building in Damascus, also in response to attacks on the Druze.
🕯️ NEW FINDINGS LINKED TO MISSING IDF SOLDIER YEHUDA KATZ: The IDF says new findings believed connected to Sgt. First Class Yehuda Katz, missing since the 1982 Battle of Sultan Yacoub in Lebanon, were recovered overnight in a special operation based on intelligence gathered in recent months.
The findings are not human remains and are believed to be personal belongings. They have been given to Katz's family for inspection while the IDF conducts its own examination.
Katz disappeared alongside Zachary Baumel and Zvi Feldman during the battle against Syrian forces in Lebanon's Beqaa Valley, in which 21 Israeli servicemen were killed and more than 30 wounded. Baumel's remains were returned to Israel in 2019, while Feldman's remains were recovered by Mossad agents in May 2025. The IDF says it will issue a formal statement after Katz's family completes its examination of the newly recovered items.
🔁 Know someone who should see this? Forward it.
🌐 Full updates & discussion: https://www.israelrealtime.com




